I’ve eaten chicken teriyaki many times in restaurants and finally I decided to make it at home. Made with a few ingredients, this is a surprisingly tasty dish to conjure. It is also versatile, and I did innovate a bit with the ingredients. The best part about making this is that you just need to marinate the chicken for 15 minutes, and hence it is a tasty dish that you can make in a rush.
Here is my recipe:
- 2 chicken breast fillets (further cut into thinner fillets)
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. miso (optional)
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground pepper
- A little salt
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds for garnish
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken breast fillets and let them marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Now take a hot pan. Add sesame oil and then add in the fillets.
- Cook on both sides till well cooked and caramelly. Takes about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with sesame seeds.
Have it as is or with sticky rice/fried rice.
Don't cook the fillets too long or they will be overcooked.
The sauce becomes sticky and caramelly. You can then pour it over the fillets while eating.
Easy, isn’t it? Do try and let me know how it went.
You can watch my video of how to make this dish:
Let me know how it turned out.
Pic courtesy pin image Shutterstock