This quick banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is incredibly easy to make. You can make these even if you are a newbie baker. These oatmeal cookies have no flour or added sugar. I have used rolled oats in the recipe that have been slightly powdered in the blender. I find this healthy oatmeal recipe foolproof because there is hardly anything that can go wrong here. It is also healthy as it has no added flour, butter or sugar. Your kids will love these.
Here is my fool proof banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe:
Quick Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 large ripe bananas pureed or mashed well
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 10 almonds slivers
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- I use rolled oats and powder them a bit using my blender. I don’t make fine powder but leave it slightly coarse. This is important so that your cookies are crumbly and chewy.
- Mix together banana puree, blended oatmeal, almond slivers and chocolate chips. Mix well so that everything is incorporated.
- Now use a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper. Use a spoon to put cookie mix on the parchment paper. Lightly press with your hands to form circles. Leave at least an inch between cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes and your oatmeal cookies are done.
- Let them cool and have your delicious treat.
- Make sure to blend your oatmeal to a coarse powder texture.
- You can use chocolate chunks in case you’ve run out of chocolate chips as it happened in my case.
- You can use other nuts like walnuts, cashew, pistachio etc.
- You could also use dried raisins, dates or cranberries. Don’t use anything too wet or your cookie dough may become soggy.
Mix together 1 cup oatmeal (lightly powdered), 2 ripe bananas pureed and 1/4 cup chocolate chip (or chocolate chunks) along with slivered almonds.
Mix well to form a thick cookie dough.
Brush the baking tray with
If you liked the healthy oatmeal cookie recipe, I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like other Dessert recipes.
This is a post for the #AtoZChallenge all of April. I will be sharing easy recipes, tips and tricks related to food all this month. Do stay tuned in.Would much appreciate if you come back daily.
Read all my posts in A to Z challenge here.