Garlic and potatoes are two of my favourite food items. Is it any wonder that they taste so good together? No. Here is my simple recipe of garlic roasted potatoes that are so delicious that you will make them over and over. I made them a lot on my visit to Italy when I would pair them with eggs, cheese, toast and stirfried veggies to make a most delectable breakfast. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. 🙂
So here’s how to roast potatoes. Try this recipe. I assure you, you will love it.
Easy Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 500 gm. potatoes I prefer to leave the skin on but you can peel it if you so like
- 7-8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley or use coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh black pepper (or
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- Clean the potatoes well.
- Peel them if you don't like the peel. Cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add minced garlic. Let it get golden. Don't let it burn.
- Now add the chopped potatoes with salt.
- Mix well and cook on medium to low flame.
- Keep tossing them from time to time to ensure that all potatoes are evenly cooked.
- Do it slowly so that potatoes get a nice golden brown cover on the outside.
- Once they are cooked but not mushy, add pepper powder (or chilli flakes) and parsley (or coriander leaves). Toss and serve.
- Your delicious garlic roasted potatoes are done.
Do tag #rachnacooks if you make these garlic roasted potatoes recipe and share pictures. I would love to know if you tried out this easy recipe.
Do you want a FREE 4 week Lunchbox Planner with different daily lunch ideas along with BONUS Snack ideas, all healthy and wholesome with recipe links? Get it here.