Mushroom is a favourite of mine and a part of my regular diet. Whether it is mushroom omlette, mushroom stir fry or mushroom masala, it is pretty regular on my dining table. It is also perfect in my Thai and Chinese stir fries. Here is a 10-minute mushroom stir fry recipe that uses simple ingredients and is super tasty.
You can add other veggies too my favourite being broccoli to make broccoli and mushroom stir fry using the same recipe.
Here is my easy mushroom stir fry recipe:
Easy Mushroom Stir Fry Recipe
- 200 gm. button mushroom sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. basil leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. black pepper freshly powdered
- 2 tbsp. red wine optional
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced mushroom along with fresh pepper, half of basil leaves and salt.
- Your mushroom will release water. Add red wine (if using) and cook on high heat for a minute.
- Take the mushroom out in a plate. You can cook the sauce some more say about 2-3 minutes after sprinkling lemon juice on it.
- Now spread the thickish sauce on the mushroom and serve hot garnished with remaining basil leaves.
- Your mushroom stir fry is ready to be eaten.
- Don’t overcook the mushroom. They should stay juicy and plump.
- You can use dried basil or any other Italian herb of choice in case you don’t have fresh basil at hand. Dill or rosemary are good too.
- I like to use a slosh of red wine when I am feeling indulgent but it is optional and no need to use if you don’t like to use red wine in your cooking.
- You could do the same stir fry using other veggies like broccoli, zucchini etc. Just remember that they will require more cooking time.
- You could substitute olive oil with butter if you so desire.
Hope you enjoyed this easy and super simple mushroom stir fry recipe. Do let me know if you make it.
Do share with your friends if you like the recipe.