I have been eating these raw plantain (banana) patties or kachche kele ke kebab as they were called since childhood. I always enjoyed their simple flavours. Now my children love them.
These are really easy to make and if you have boiled potatoes and plantains (raw bananas) at hand then you can have them ready in a jiffy. These are also perfect as a vrat recipe for Navratri, Janmashtami and other fasts. This is also a vegan recipe that is gluten-free as well. Since I mostly make them in Air fryer, they are healthy and low oil.
Makes about 12 plantain patties
2 Boiled potatoes
2 Boiled plantains (green banana)
1/2 cup Roasted peanuts toasted and lightly pounded
1 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Green chilli paste
1/2 cup bread crumbs or use amaranth flour 2 tbsp. if making gluten free (optional)
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. garam masala
1/2 tsp. green mango powder or amchur
salt to taste
1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro and mint leaves
How to Make Plantain Patties Pictures:
Boil the bananas and plantains together. Peel and mash when cooled. Add ginger, green chilli paste, cayenne, salt, roasted and pounded peanuts and cilantro and mint leaves and mix together. If your mash feels a bit damp, you may add breadcrumbs or amaranth flour. I did not need to.
Now with your hands, make thin, round patties.
For Air frying
Preheat Air fryer to 200 C or 390 F for 5 minutes. Brush oil on the basket. Arrange the patties in one row. Lightly brush with oil. Cook for 15 minutes till they are crunchy and golden brown on the outside. Halfway through, turn the patties once.
Serve hot with dip, ketchup or chutney.
For pan frying
Cook them on a non-stick tava or griddle with very little oil till they get a crunchy exterior. Takes about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve the patties hot as an evening snack along with ketchup or chutney. Goes really well with tea.
Green Banana (Plantain) Patties
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 2 plantain or green banana boiled
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. Ginger paste
- 1 tsp. Green chilli paste
- 2 tsp. amaranth flour or 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. raw mango powder or amchur
- 1 tbsp. cilantro and mint finely chopped
- Boil the bananas and plantains together. Peel and mash when cooled.
- Add green chilli, ginger paste, cayenne, salt and roasted and pounded peanuts to the mash and make a mixture. You may add finely chopped cilantro and mint to the mix for added flavour.
- Now with your hands, make thin, round patties.
For Air frying
- Preheat Air fryer to 200 C or 390 F for 5 minutes. Brush oil on the basket. Arrange the patties in one row. Lightly brush with oil.
- Now Air fry for 15 minutes at 200 C or 390 F. Turn the patties and brush again with oil if needed, half way through the cooking time.
For pan frying
- Cook them on a non-stick tava or griddle with very little oil. It just takes a couple of minutes on each side to get a lovely brown coating. Serve the patties hot as an evening snack along with ketchup or chutney. Goes really well with tea.
Request you to leave a star * rating in case you liked the recipe. Thanks.
You May Also Like