These popped amaranth seed energy balls are super tasty and nutritious. They are pretty simple to make as well. Do try this easy recipe. They are also called Ramdana laddu or Rajgira laddu.
Pop 1 cup amaranth seeds. It doubles in volume. It is easy to do. Just remember to use a medium hot pan. Only pop about a tbsp. at a time or else some will stay unpopped and others will be burnt. See the video I have shared. Once the amaranth seeds are popped, keep them aside.
Pour jaggery slurry on to the amaranth nuts mix. Mix well using a spatula till you get a sticky mix.
1. You can use any nuts you like eg. Figs, cashews etc.
2. You can also use sweeteners like maple syrup or honey instead of jaggery in which case no cooking is required.
3. Don’t keep these balls for too long as their crunchy texture will not stay for long.
4. These are very light and perfect healthy snack for kids and adults.
5. Watch the video to understand how to pop amaranth.