This is a recipe of Stuffed peppers or bharwan shimla mirch. It is a simple recipe and goes very well with dal and rotis. Do try.
1. If you overcook your capsicum, they turn mushy and not very tasty. I prefer them to have a bit of their crunch and retain their flavour.
2. If you so like, you can saute the filling in some oil. I like the filling in this way as the potato is already cooked.
3. You can add veggies like grated carrots, onions, green peas etc. to your filling as per your choice. Make sure all the veggies are cooked when you add them to the mixture.
4. You can remove cheese if you so like.
5. My mum would put a crust of roasted gram flour on top of the potato filling to give it a lovely brown colour when fried. Since I use cheese I don’t use that step but you can certainly do that.
6. You can use red and yellow peppers in place of green ones or all together for a nice burst of colour.