This Kerala style Fish Fry is a really tasty spicy shallow fried fish recipe that is super easy to make. Check out my step-by-step recipe and serve at home.
Add 1 sprig curry leaves to the oil.
1. Always choose fresh fish. You can use any other firm fish in place of pink perch if you can't find it.
2. Don’t overcook the fish. Remember it continues to cook even after it is taken out.
3. Don’t make your marinade runny. Keep it thick so that the paste stays on the fish well.
4. This is a spicy recipe. If you want less heat reduce the quantity of chilli powder and pepper powder.
5. You can use any other vegetable oil in place of coconut oil if you so need.
6. Always keep the level of oil for shallow frying in the pan so that half the fish is immersed in it.
7. When you turn the fish, it takes lesser time to cook than it did on the first side.
8. Serve your hot pink perch fry with your meal or with flavoured rice like coconut rice.