Chicken and lettuce Salad Recipe
Chicken and lettuce salad is a refreshing high protein, low carb summer salad with a light, flavourful dressing. Do try it.
Servings 4 serves
- 1 head lettuce leaves washed and dried left whole
- 1 Chicken breast grilled and shredded
- Some cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium onion sliced
- Some roasted nuts like almonds or walnuts sliced
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli flakes
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- Some lemon or orange zest
- 1 tsp. palm sugar or jaggery grated
- Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients of dressing together and chill in the fridge.
Wash and dry all the veggies and keep them chilled. You can chop the lettuce but I prefer to leave the leaves largely whole.
Keep your roast chicken shredded.
To serve, add the dressing to the veggies and chicken and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Once mixed, you can't store the salad for long as it starts losing its crunch and getting watery.
- You can add more veggies like bell peppers, corn etc. as per your liking.
- This is a good way to utilize leftover grilled chicken. You can check out this tandoori chicken recipe.
- You can pair this with some toasted bread for a hearty meal.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 261mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.5mg