Sriracha Honey Shrimp
This delight Sriracha Shrimp recipe is a perfect starter or main course when served with spicy rice or noodles. This is a perfect recipe for weeknight dinners. Try it
Servings 4 people
- 500 g Shrimp peeled and deveined
Marinade and Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
In a bowl mix together all the ingredients of the marinade to form a thick sauce.
Now pour this over the shrimp and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Now heat some oil in a deep pan and cook the prawns on each side for about 2-3 minutes till they are cooked. Let them get a bit smoky.
After taking the prawns out, take the rest of the sauce in the pan and cook it a bit.
Pour this thick sauce over the shrimp and garnish with finely chopped spring onion.
Your Sriracha shrimp is ready. Serve hot.
- You can use tofu in place of shrimp or chicken with the same sauce. Marinate the chicken for about 2 hours.
- Do not overcook shrimp.
- You can change the quantity of sauces in the marinade depending upon your taste.
- Remember that the sauces already have a lot of salt. So be careful if you are adding some more.
- This spicy, sweet and salty Srirachna shrimp is delightful on the palate.
- It is also a versatile recipe as you could use veggies too here. Just lightly saute them with the same sauces and serve them with shrimp.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 315mg | Sodium: 1472mg | Potassium: 151mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 17.1mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 3mg