Arbi ki Sabzi Recipe
This is an easy recipe of arbi ki sabzi. It is simple and delicious. Perfect as arbi recipe for vrat or just as a side dish for a meal.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida or hing
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilli powder optional
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp. dry mango powder or lemon juice
- black salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped
Boil arbi in a pressure cooker in adequate water. It normally takes about 2 whistles. Arbi should be cooked not mushy.
Peel and chop the arbi into round pieces or coin sized pieces. Keep aside.
Heat oil. Add cumin and asafoetida. Allow them to sputter.
Now add arbi pieces and let them become golden brown.
Now add all the spices and salt and cook for about 5 minutes more.
Garnish with chopped coriander or mint leaves and serve hot.
1.Arbi is also called taro root.
2. This vegetable is similar to potato.
3. If cooking during fasting substitute normal salt with sendha namak or black salt and oil with ghee.
4. Your simple and nutritious arbi ki sabzi or vrat wali arbi is ready to eat.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 962mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1985IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3.8mg