Methi Thepla | Methi Paratha Recipe
This is an easy and nutritious recipe of Methi Thepla or methi paratha that can also double up as a snack or a light meal.
Servings 8 peope
- 1.5 cup wholewheat flour
- ¼ cup besan gram flour
- ¼ cup bajra pearl millet flour
- 1 cup methi leaves fenugreek leaves without stems
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. ajwain carom seeds
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ½ cup curd
- salt to taste
- Oil to roast
Mix the wholewheat, besan and bajra flours together.
Add in the methi leaves, all the spices, ginger-garlic paste, chopped chillies and salt and mix well. Now knead a soft dough using curd. Add water only if needed. Pour a tbsp. of oil on the dough, knead it and cover it.
Keep the dough aside for about 15 minutes.
Now, roll out the dough to form a disc. Roast it on tava/griddle using a little oil on both sides. Cook till brown spots appear. Serve hot or at room temperature with chutney or pickle or with a curry as per your taste. Enjoy. It’s really tasty and very nutritious as well. Works very well in the children’s lunchboxes too.
- The thepla dough will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- You can skip the curd but it helps to reduce the bitterness of methi leaves.
- Use only the leaves and avoid the stalks.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 3.9mg