Methi Matar Malai Recipe
This is a rich and delicious methi matar malai recipe made restaurant style. It is mildly spiced, creamy and tasty. Do try it.
- 1 cup peas or matar boiled for 5 minutes
- 1 cup tender fenugreek leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 3-4 tbsp. cashew powder
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger and garlic chopped
- 2-3 green chillies as per taste
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and allow them to sputter. Now add chopped onion and chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes till they are lightly cooked. Add chopped green chillies and saute for 3 minutes more. Cool and blend to a paste.
Take this paste in a pan. Add fresh fenugreek leaves and cook for about 3 minutes. Now add some water to thin down the curry. Add fresh cream along with cashew powder (or paste made with 3-4 tbsp. cashews) and green peas together. Your curry will instantly become thick and creamy. Add salt and sugar. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Your methi matar malai is ready. Serve hot with rotis or rice.
- Use fresh fenugreek leaves only.
- You can use any cream. I used store bought cream.
- This recipe uses very mild spices and mostly lets the flavour of the ingredients shine through.
- Adjust the sugar used to balance the bitterness of methi or fenugreek leaves.
- You can thin down the curry if you don’t want it too thick.
- It is a rich curry so a small serve goes a long way.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 199mg | Iron: 1.7mg