Delicious Grilled Cauliflower Recipe
This tasty grilled cauliflower recipe is super easy to make and perfect as an appetizer. It goes really well with lemon slices and onion rings.
- 1 cauliflower cut in large florets and cleaned thoroughly
- ½ cup. thick yoghurt or curd
- 2 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. paprika Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. gram flour besan (optional)
- 1 tbsp. tandoori masala or garam masala
- 1 tbsp. cashew paste
- 1 tsp. dried fenugreek kasoori methi
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
- Some more oil or butter for basting while grilling
- salt to taste
Blanch cauliflower florets in hot water for 3 minutes. Drain and dry completely. Cauliflower should be slightly cooked yet still holding a crunch.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and form a thick paste. You can omit cayenne is you wish to reduce spice.
Coat each cauliflower floret with this thick marinade and keep for an hour.
To Grill, heat the grill and baste with some butter or oil.
Lay the cauliflower florets on the grill and cook on each side for about 3 minutes till you get a nice char. Baste with oil or butter each time.
Now move the florets to a colder part of the grill and cover with a lid and cook for about 6-8 minutes till cauliflower florets are done.
Serve hot with lemon wedges, onion rings and mint chutney for a lipsmacking snack.
- Always choose fresh cauliflower with no worms.
- Blanching helps to reduce grilling time but you can do without it as well.
- Ensure that you cut large florets.
- You will get a nice thick spicy char on the cauliflower florets.
- You can also cook this in an airfryer. Preheat the airfryer for 6 minutes on 180 deg C. Cook for about 15 minutes at this temperature. Turn every 5 minutes.
- To make cashew paste, immerse cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and blend to a thick paste.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1220IU | Vitamin C: 77.2mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2.2mg