Mumbai style bhel puri | Bhel Puri Recipe
This is a step-by-step recipe of Mumbai style delicious street food bhel puri that doubles up as a perfect healthy snack. Do try the recipe.
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups puffed rice
- ½ cup mixture or namkeen
- ½ onion chopped fine
- ½ tomato chopped fine chopped fine
- ½ potato chopped fine
- ¼ raw mango chopped fine
- 1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Chat masala
- salt to taste
Mix together Puffed rice and namkeen and keep aside.
Take in a bowl and add the chutneys as per taste. Add all the veggies, spices and lemon juice and mix quickly.
Serve immediately garnished with thin or nylon sev and papdi. Your bhel puri is ready to serve.
If you wish to make your own puffed rice mixture, use this recipe video https://youtu.be/uFDDR3MaHGU
- I don’t like sweet chutney so I use only the spicy green chutney in my bhel puri.
- You can also use grated carrot if you like but I like this combination of veggies.
- Make sure you serve immediately or your puffed rice will get soggy. You can’t make bhel puri and store it. You have to make it and serve instantly.
- Adjust spice according to taste.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 58.8mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 8.4mg