Fresh Lemongrass Tea Recipe | Lemongrass chai
This lemongrass tea or lemongrass chai is not only good for health but its fresh, citrusy taste will leave you asking for more. Do try my simple recipe.
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 tsp tea leaves I use Taj Mahal tea
- 1 lemongrass stalks and leaves chopped
- 2 tsp. sugar/honey
- ¼ cup milk
Bring the water and lemongrass stalks and leaves to a boil. Let lemongrass steep for about 5 minutes.
Now add the tea leaves and lower the flame. Let the tea leaves brew for about 3 minutes.
Add milk and sugar. Heat for a minute more.
Strain and serve.
Your Lemongrass chai is ready.
- You must add both leaves and stalk of lemongrass. I end up using one lemongrass each time.
- You can skip milk but I do love this Indian way of making lemongrass tea.
- You can add a dash of cinnamon powder if you like.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 58mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.2mg