Homemade Tortilla Chips for Nachos Recipe
This is an easy recipe to make homemade tortilla chips for nachos. Here I've shared two versions - made in airfryer and deep fried. Try the recipe that suits you.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup cornmeal or maize flour makki ka aata
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour maida
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. oil or butter
- seasoning like carrom seeds oregano, chilli flakes (optional)
- Oil for deep frying if frying
Take cornmeal along with all-purpose flour in a bowl. Add salt and mix well. Now add melted butter or oil to the mix and add so that a grainy mix is formed.
Add some warm water to form a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
Roll out Nachos
Take a large ball of dough and roll it out using a rolling pin. Use some dry flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
Use a fork to prick all over. This helps to prevent the tortilla chips from puffing up.
Now cut the rolled out circle into triangle shapes.
Preheat your airfryer at 360 F or 180 C for 6 minutes. Put in the nachos triangles and airfry for 8 minutes.
Your crispy airfried tortilla chips are ready to eat. Have them with guacamole, salsa or any other dip of your choice or serve with melted cheese and a dip.
- This is a very simple recipe.
- Do follow the instructions as given.
- You can sprinkle your tortilla chips with chilli flakes, oregano, garlic flakes etc. as per your choice and serve.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 4g | Iron: 1.9mg