Quick Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
This is a delightfully soft and chewy banana oatmeal and chocolate chip cookie that is so easy to make that even novice will get it right. Try this healthy oatmeal recipe.
Servings 6 cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas pureed or mashed well
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 10 almonds slivers
Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
I use rolled oats and powder them a bit using my blender. I don’t make fine powder but leave it slightly coarse. This is important so that your cookies are crumbly and chewy.
Mix together banana puree, blended oatmeal, almond slivers and chocolate chips. Mix well so that everything is incorporated.
Now use a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper. Use a spoon to put cookie mix on the parchment paper. Lightly press with your hands to form circles. Leave at least an inch between cookies.
Bake for 20 minutes and your oatmeal cookies are done.
Let them cool and have your delicious treat.
- Make sure to blend your oatmeal to a coarse powder texture.
- You can use chocolate chunks in case you’ve run out of chocolate chips as it happened in my case.
- You can use other nuts like walnuts, cashew, pistachio etc.
- You could also use dried raisins, dates or cranberries. Don’t use anything too wet or your cookie dough may become soggy.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.6mg