Kokum Sharbat Recipe
This is a delicious and easy Indian summer cooler recipe called kokum sharbat. Do make it for its great health benefits.
Servings 10 glasses
- 1 cup kokum
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp. black salt
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder optional
Wash kokum and immerse in 1.5 cup hot water for about 2 hours.
Kokum will become soft and the water will take a deep purple-wine hue.
Take out kokum pieces and blend in a blender. Add this back to the kokum water and heat on a gas.
Add 1.5 cups sugar and cook for about 8-10 minutes till the kokum concentrate becomes a bit thick.
Now add black salt, cumin powder and pepper powder (optional). Mix well.
Let the concentrate cool down. Now sieve it to remove the blended kokum pieces.
To make kokum sharbat or kokum juice:
- You can vary the amount of sugar depending upon how sweet you like your drinks.
- You may also add 1 tsp. of cardamom powder depending upon your preference.
- You can easily store this concentrate in a clean glass bottle. It will last you 2-4 weeks.
- Enjoy this kokum sharbat as a natural coolant on hot summer afternoons.
- It is very refreshing after a workout as well.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 24mg | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg