Lauki ki sabji recipe | Bottle gourd sabji
This is a very simple stir fry made with bottle gourd. It is ready in under 30 minutes and is super healthy. Goes well with rotis.
Servings 3 people
- 2 cups bottle gourd pieces
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida heeng
- 2-3 red chilies dried
- 4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- salt to taste
Cut bottle gourd into medium sized pieces and keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds and asafetida.
Allow to sputter. Now add finely chopped garlic along with dry red chillies. Cook for 30 seconds.
Add bottle gourd pieces along with salt. Mix well.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on low flame till the bottle gourd is well cooked and has released water.
Serve hot with rotis or have as it. Your lauki ki sabji is ready to serve.
- Always buy fresh lauki. Its seeds should be tender.
- This recipe brings out the flavour of fresh lauki.
- You can increase or decrease garlic as per your taste.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 182mg | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.9mg