Spaghetti aglio e olio Recipe
This simple yet luxurious spaghetti recipe is a delicious yet simple pasta dish. Spaghetti aglio e olio made with olive oil and a few herbs is super easy and perfect for an evening with family and friends.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound spaghetti
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 9-10 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-2 tbsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. butter optional
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup sliced mushroom sautéed in olive oil with salt and pepper
Heat 5 cups of water. Add 2 tbsp. salt to it. Bring to a boil. Then cook spaghetti as per pack instruction till ad dente (having just a bite).
Drain and keep aside.
To make the sauce
Heat 2-3 tbsp. olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and lightly fry for 30 seconds.
Add the boiled spaghetti along with chilli flakes and dried parsley. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
Now add butter (optional) and grated parmesan. Mix well and serve hot.
I have also added sautéed mushroom in olive oil.
Your spectacular spaghetti dish is ready to serve.
1. Always salt the water in which you cook pasta else your pasta will be bland.
2. Cook spaghetti not till it is mushy or it will have a very bad texture.
3. You can use fresh parsley instead of dried parsley in which case you can finely chop and sprinkle 3 tbsp. while serving.
4. Add or reduce chilli flakes as per your liking.
5. Butter is not traditional but it makes the recipe more delicious.
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1375IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 3.3mg