Kerala style fish Fry Recipe
This Kerala style Fish Fry is a really tasty spicy shallow fried fish recipe that is super easy to make. Check out my step-by-step recipe and serve at home.
Servings 4 people
- 1.1 lb Pink Perch Fish or 1/2 Kg.
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger garlic Paste per fish
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Some water
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Coconut oil or any other vegetable oil for shallow frying
To make the marinade paste
Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, lemon juice and mix well. Add 2 tsp. of water to make a thick paste.
Marinate the fish with this masala paste, making sure to put into slits and cavities. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
To shallow fry fish
Heat coconut oil in a pan. Make sure it is medium hot. Now carefully place the fish in hot oil and let it fry.
Takes about 3-4 minutes on one side depending upon the size of the fish.
Turn the fish to the other side carefully and let it fry till cooked.
Add 1 sprig curry leaves to the oil.
Take it out and serve hot.
Your pink perch fry is ready.
1. Always choose fresh fish. You can use any other firm fish in place of pink perch if you can't find it.
2. Don’t overcook the fish. Remember it continues to cook even after it is taken out.
3. Don’t make your marinade runny. Keep it thick so that the paste stays on the fish well.
4. This is a spicy recipe. If you want less heat reduce the quantity of chilli powder and pepper powder.
5. You can use any other vegetable oil in place of coconut oil if you so need.
6. Always keep the level of oil for shallow frying in the pan so that half the fish is immersed in it.
7. When you turn the fish, it takes lesser time to cook than it did on the first side.
8. Serve your hot pink perch fry with your meal or with flavoured rice like coconut rice.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg