1. Your homemade bread tastes best when fresh. But you can refrigerate it and eat for 2-3 days. It makes wonderful toast too.
2. Make sure that you knead well the first time for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to act well upon the gluten.
3. Ensure that you use only warm water and not hot water when you add yeast. Hot water will kill the yeast. I take 1 cup water and microwave for about 45 seconds.
4. Brushing with oil gives a shiny appearance to the crust.
5. Check the baking time depending upon your oven. Cooking at lower temperature ensures that the bread is well cooked inside and not just browned outside.
6. Your house will smell lovely after all the baking.
7. This bread tastes so much better than the bread you buy from outside.
8. You could add sunflower seeds or sesame seeds on the top of the loaf before baking.