1. Make sure that your peas are well cooked and very mushy.
2. To make the gravy thicker, you could mash the peas with the back of the ladle.
3. Add water depending upon how thick you want your ragda or curry to be.
4. If using for pani puri, don't make the curry runny.
5. You can also serve this as an evening snack or matar ki chaat. Garnish with chopped onions, green chillies, grated ginger, lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve hot with kulcha, aloo tikki or just as it is.
6. To make a simpler version of this curry, just fry ginger garlic paste and add to cooked dry matar along with dry spices mentioned above. Mash the peas to give it a thick consistency.
7. Your ragda is ready. Serve it hot with rotis or rice as a part of a satisfying meal.