Best Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
This chocolate banana bread recipe is a real winner. It is easy to make and is so gooey and delicious. Beats a dessert any day. Great with overripe bananas.
Servings 12 slices
- 1 cup banana puree or 2 ripe bananas mashed
- ¾ cup brown sugar or jaggery
- 1/3 cup butter salted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour or processed flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa I used Hershey’s
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
Mix together the wet ingredients. Mash the ripe bananas really well to form a puree without any lumps. Now add jaggery or brown sugar and melted butter to it and mix well.
Add the beaten egg and vanilla essence and mix. You don’t have to mix too long just enough for the ingredients to be incorporated.
Now mix the dry ingredients together – all purpose flour, cocoa and baking soda. You can even sieve them together to mix them well.
Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and fold till incorporated. Don’t overmix.
Add the chocolate chips or chocolate shavings and mix again.
Now spoon into a greased bread tin or mould. Grease it with butter or oil.
Pre heat your oven to 180 deg C for 8 minutes.
Keep your bread tin in the middle rack and bake for about 45 minutes. I poke a toothpick and check to the centre. Check if it comes out clean. But the only hitch is that the chocolate chips or shavings will leave gooey places so poke in two three spots to confirm.
Cool it on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Now cut it into slices.
1. Use only overripe bananas. This recipe is perfect to use with bananas that have gone really brown.
2. In case you are using unsalted butter, add ½ tsp. of salt to your recipe.
3. I did not have chocolate chips hence used chocolate shavings or use dark chocolate broken into pieces.
4. You can also press the bread to check for doneness. It should feel firm.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg