1. You could use only plain flour for a less dense crumb if you so like. I prefer half and half proportion as I have mentioned.
2. In case you don’t have buttermilk, take some cold milk (about 1.75 cups), add 2 tsp. lemon juice to it and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes so that it congeals slightly. Use this in place of buttermilk in the recipe.
3. You could replace honey with sugar if you so like but I prefer honey.
4. This crusty bread is best toasted.
5. This bread stays at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the fridge for a week. You can shrink wrap it or store in an airtight container in your fridge.