Chicken tikka is a favorite with the folks at home. The kind you get in the restaurant is often too red with the food colouring, very oily and way too spicy. Not that we don’t like that, but it is nice making it at home as well.
Of course, you do not get the smoky flavor of the tandoor, but it still turns out pretty tasty and wholesome. I make it in my Airfryer and it gets a lovely caramelized look and is tender and juicy to eat.
Here is my recipe of Chicken tikka:
The Best Chicken Tikka recipe
- 400 gm. boneless Chicken breast cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
- 3 big tbsp. thick hung curd
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. chilly powder
- 1 tbsp. Tandoori chicken masala
- 1 tsp. Kashmiri chilly powder for the red colour
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. oil/butter and some more for basting
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper skip if you prefer less spice
- 1 tsp. kasuri methi powder
- slices Some chaat masala lemonand onionsfor garnish
- The key in making good chicken tikka is in its marination.
- Take all the ingredients of the marinade and mix to form a thick paste.
- Evenly coat chicken pieces with this marinade and keep for 4-8 hours or even better overnight for the flavours to get absorbed.
- Now pre heat your airfryer at 160 deg for 6 minutes.
- Take skewers and put the chicken tikka pieces in. Baste with some butter/oil and grill in airfryer at 160 degrees for about 8 minutes. Next raise the temperature to 200 degrees and grill for about 6 minutes till it gets a lovely smoky look.
- You can do the same in a conventional grill or oven. Check the times depending on the type of your oven.
- Serve hot with lemon slices, slices of onion and sprinkled chat masala. Enjoy
Enjoy your hot and tasty chicken tikka and wow your family and friends. Do share with me if you like the recipe.