Raw mango or kachcha aam is a delightful fixture in most Indian kitchens in summer. This simple raw mango chutney is tangy, spicy and delicious. I normally make a large lot which stays in the fridge. Have it with your lunch or dinner or along with your snacks or breakfast. It is versatile and goes with a lot of things. It is quite yummy in bread sandwiches too. It hardly needs about 5 minutes to prepare including the peeling and chopping work. In summer, the mint and the raw mango help to keep the body cool. But my purpose of making it regularly is its delightful taste.
- 1 raw mango (it must be firm)
- 3-4 green chillies (less or more as per taste)
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 3-4 cloves garlic (optional)
- salt (or black salt) about 1 tsp. or as per taste
- a pinch of sugar
- Peel the raw mango and chop into cubes.
- Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and chillies.
- Take all the ingredients in a chutney jar or small blender.
- Add just 1-2 tbsp. of water to help in blending.
- Blend to a fine chutney. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Peel the raw mango and chop it roughly into pieces. Wash the coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies. Chop them coarsely. Take all the ingredients in the blender. Add just about 1-2 tbsp. of water.
I don’t like my chutneys runny but if you do you can add more water. Now blend till blended well. If you have the old-fashioned sil batta or grinding stone then use it. The chutney is way tastier when prepared on that.
Take it out in a bowl and serve with your favorite tikkis, vadas, fries etc.
Do share my post if you enjoyed it.