Egg bhurji is a favourite comfort food. Having it with parathas or bread makes for a wholesome meal. But sometimes when you are in the mood for something slightly different, it is paneer bhurji that works so well. Yesterday, I made this in 10 minutes flat and packed it with parathas for the children’s lunchbox. Yes, it is that quick. So here’s this really easy paneer bhurji recipe that you can make for a simple and tasty meal any time.
- 200 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- finely chopped coriander and mint leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ cup shelled green peas (optional)
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. green chilli powder (optional)
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Crumble your cottage cheese (paneer) by hand and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- Let them sputter.
- Now add finely chopped onions and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add green chillies, chopped garlic and tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the crumbled paneer along with turmeric powder, chilli powder (if using), garam masala and salt. Add peas if using. Mix well.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on low flame. Don't overcook. You want paneer to stay soft.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Delicious paneer bhurji is ready to serve.
Goes very well with rotis or parathas.
You can add other vegetables like mushroom, capsicum etc. though peas are the best.
You can use oil instead of butter but butter does taste better.
Some people garnish with some melted butter. I prefer not to.
Do tag #rachnacooks if you make this and share pictures. I would love to know if you tried out this easy recipe.
Do you want a FREE 4 week Lunchbox Planner with different daily lunch ideas along with BONUS Snack ideas, all healthy and wholesome with recipe links? Get it here.
Joining #FlavoursomeTuesdays tag.