I love mushroom. Its delicious, earthy flavour goes so well whether it is a simple mushroom stir fry, an Indo-Chinese curry, a soup, a mushroom omlette or a Thai curry. Oyster mushroom have a lovely meaty texture and really soak up flavours if you add them in curry. This air fried oyster mushroom recipe is a really delicious starter. When made these are super crunchy on the outside and melt-in-the mouth on the inside.
I promise you that this is one recipe you will make over and over again. If you are vegetarian or vegan, this is your perfect substitute for meat for its amazing texture and taste.
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. In case you buy using those links I earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I use personally and like. Do read my disclosure policy for complete information.
How to Make Air fryer Oyster Mushroom
You need oyster mushroom, spices and buttermilk along with rice flour and processed flour.
Spices: Basic spices like cayenne, salt and pepper along with dried herbs like parsley, basil, oregano work well. You can use any spices you have. Even basic salt and pepper taste good in the recipe.
Vegan buttermilk: In case you are vegan, you can use plant-based buttermilk. Or you can make your own. Just use 1 cup of plant-based milk like soy milk or almond milk. You can try making your own almond milk like this. Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and keep it aside for 10 minutes. You can use the slightly curdled milk as the vegan buttermilk.
Oyster mushroom: These are a must in the recipe. Find them in your supermarket.
All-purpose flour: You could use breadcrumbs and cornflakes mix in its place.
Here’s my easy Air fryer oyster mushroom recipe:
Air fryer Oyster Mushroom | Vegan Oyster Mushroom Air fried
- 200 gm. Oyster mushroom about 10-12 mushroom
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. cayenne or paprika or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs dried parsley, oregano, basil, thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala optional
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- 1 tsp. oil
- Clean oyster mushroom and dry them well. Now prepare a slurry of buttermilk with rice flour and ½ tsp. salt. Marinate oyster mushroom in the slurry for about 30 minutes.
- Now take all the spices and add to all-purpose flour and keep it ready.
- Pre-heat Airfryer at 180 C or 350 F for 8 minutes.
- After marination, take out each marinated mushroom and immerse it in the seasoned flour mix till well coated. Lightly brush with oil. Do this to all the mushroom and keep aside.
- Brush the air fryer basket and arrange the mushroom in one row. Air fry for 15 minutes at 180 C or 350 F. Turn once in the middle. Now turn up the temperature to 200 C or 390 F and Air fry for 4 minutes for a golden colour.
- Take it out and serve out. Your crispy Air fryer Oyster mushroom are ready to serve. Have with dipping sauce, mayo or even ketchup. It’s super delicious.
- Serve them hot. If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments below. Thanks.
Clean and keep the oyster mushroom aside.
Marinate oyster mushroom in a buttermilk, rice flour and salt slurry.
Mix spices in the all-purpose flour and keep aside.
Pre-heat Airfryer at 180 C or 350 F for 8 minutes.
After marination, take out each marinated mushroom and immerse it in the seasoned flour mix till well coated. Lightly brush with oil. Do this to all the mushroom and keep aside.
Brush the air fryer basket and arrange the mushroom in one row. Air fry for 15 minutes at 180 C or 350 F. Turn once in the middle. Now turn up the temperature to 200 C or 390 F and Air fry for 4 minutes for a golden colour.
Take it out and serve out.
Your crispy Air fryer Oyster mushroom are ready to serve.
You May also like: