Egg is what I have for breakfast on most weekday mornings, sometimes on weekends too. A good protein, it fills you well in the morning and gives you energy to tackle a work-heavy morning. Having it as egg paratha gives an interesting tasty twist to eggs. My younger son loves it and often asks me to make anda paratha. The egg cooked inside the paratha is super soft and delicious. If you haven’t tried this recipe, you must. You may have seen streetside carts make this.
Here is how to make egg paratha or anda paratha:
Egg Paratha | Anda Paratha Recipe
For masala egg:
- 2 eggs
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 green chilli finely diced
- 1 tsp. cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- water to form the dough
- 1 tbsp. oil to make paratha
- Make wheat flour dough by adding water to whole wheat flour and forming a stiff dough. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
For masala egg
- Break two eggs in a bowl. Add all the chopped ingredients and lightly whip them together.
- Roll out a paratha. I normally make a triangular paratha. I am sharing a video of how to roll out a triangular paratha after the recipe.
- Heat a tawa and put a paratha on it. Lightly cook on both sides applying oil. Now open out one of the layers of the paratha carefully with a knife making sure not to scald your hand.
- Pour in one egg with mix inside this fold. Cover and cook for some time on low heat.
- Now flip and cook on the other side. It is okay if some egg mix escapes out. Spread more oil if needed.
- Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes till the paratha is done and the egg inside is cooked.
- Your anda paratha is ready to serve. Enjoy with pickle or just as is.
- Always cook paratha on low flame else your paratha will cook before your egg mixture inside.
- Once the paratha is done it looks fluffier.
- The egg inside is softly done and stays moist and juicy.
Your egg paratha is ready to serve.
If you liked the recipe, do give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
You may also like: Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe
You can also see my video of this egg paratha recipe here:
To see how to make the perfect triangle shaped paratha see this video:
If you liked this post, do share.
This is a post for the #AtoZChallenge all of April. I will be sharing easy recipes, tips and tricks related to food all this month. Do stay tuned in.
Read all my posts in A to Z challenge here.