This veg pulao recipe is quite easy to make. It is a regular at my place when we are in the mood for something that is tasty yet does not take too much time to cook. You can easily make this veg pulao with raita or a curry that you like. Sometimes I only make it as peas pulao especially in winter when fresh green peas are in season. At other times, I use mixed vegetables like cauliflower, peas, carrot, broccoli, potato, beans etc. depending upon availability. You can also pack this veg pulao in your lunchbox as it stays tasty even at room temperature.
Here’s how to make a tasty vegetable pulao:
Veg Pulao Recipe | How to make vegetable pulao
- 2 cups basmati rice cleaned and soaked for half an hour
- 1 tbsp. clarified butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies slit into halves
- 1 cup vegetables chopped
- 1 onion finely sliced optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 10-12 black peppercorns
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 mace piece
- 1 cardamom 1-inch
- 1 black cardamom
- 6-8 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- Wash basmati rice and soak for half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a pan or rice cooker. Add cumin seeds and allow to sputter.
- Now add in all the whole spices and saute on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Tip in the chopped onion (optional), ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the drained rice along with salt and 3 cups of water. In case your veggies were pre-boiled you could add them now instead of sauteeing them earlier.
- Add 1 tbsp. lemon juice and cover and cook.
- Mix well, cover and cook till the water is absorbed by the rice and everything is cooked.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot. Your veg pulao is ready to eat.
Hope you enjoyed this veg pulao recipe and will make it at home.
Refer to this video for the recipe
If you liked this recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like
This is a post for the #AtoZChallenge all of April. I will be sharing easy recipes, tips and tricks related to food all this month. Do stay tuned in.
Read all my posts in A to Z challenge here.