Come winter and we get fresh amlas (Indian gooseberries). This astringent berry is blessed with a lot of Vitamin C which is needed as winter dawns and so do many respiratory and other illnesses. In my home, we eat this amla chutney very often. Ready in 5 minutes, it is made with just 5 ingredients and is quite tasty. Have it with your dosa, adai or along with your parathas or pooris in a meal, you will like its unique spicy flavour.
Here is the simple recipe:
- 4-5 fresh amla pitted and cut into pieces
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 green chillies
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves with stems
- salt to taste
- This 5 ingredient chutney is ready in minutes.
- Pit the amlas and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Add with garlic, chillies, coriander and salt to the blender.
- Add a little water.
- Blend till smooth. Chutney is ready to serve.
2. The chutney can be kept in the fridge for a few hours. It will change its colour slightly when stored.
3. Best consumed fresh.
Take pieces of amla along with green chillies, garlic cloves, coriander and salt in a blender jar. Add a little water and blend.
Your chutney is ready to serve.
Do try it and let me know if you enjoy it. Since my kids like this chutney, you can give it to your kids and see.