This sweet lassi recipe is the simplest to make and delightfully refreshing in summer. I remember having this chilled sweet lassi in my childhood. The salted lassi also known as mattha was another favourite. The only difference between mattha and the conventional buttermilk was in how thick the mattha was. The best lassi I have tasted was in Amritsar. A tall aluminium glass filled with thick lassi topped with fresh thick cream and slivers of nuts is the most delicious and filling thing I had. Had to skip lunch so full I was. I kid you not!
Here’s my sweet lassi recipe as I make it at home:
Sweet Lassi Recipe | Yoghurt Smoothie
This delightful sweet lassi recipe is the perfectly satisfying smoothie you need on hot summer days. It is seriously easy to whip up and ready in under 5 minutes. Do try.
- 1 cup thick curd or yoghurt
- 1 cup chilled water
- 4 tbsp. sugar or honey
- ½ tsp. green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. whipped cream to top up optional
- nuts Slivered
- Ice cubes
I normally whip the curd or yoghurt for about 2 minutes using a whisk till it super smooth.
Add chilled water, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
Pour into glasses and serve chilled topped with whipped cream and slivered nuts. Add ice cubes if needed.
- I don’t like my lassi to be very thick hence use water to dilute it.
- Also on a regular basis, I avoid cream. Just having it plain with sugar or honey and cardamom powder is incredibly delicious and nutritious.
- Make sure your yoghurt or curd is not sour.
- Adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- You can use fruits in the lassi to make mango lassi, strawberry lassi etc.
Hope you enjoyed this delightful sweet lassi recipe. Do make it this summer in your home. I keep going between the salt and sweet versions through summer. After all yoghurt is really so delicious and healthy.
If you liked this Yoghurt smoothie or sweet lassi recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
You may also like
Please do share with your friends.
This is a post for the #AtoZChallenge all of April. I will be sharing easy recipes, tips and tricks related to food all this month. Do stay tuned in.
Read all my posts in A to Z challenge here.