Zucchini Fritters recipe is an interesting and easy way to make zucchini patties that are ready in under 30 minutes. These are very filling and make use of zucchini, a vegetable I love to cook with. From zucchini soup to Thai Red Curry to stir fries. This is a foolproof recipe because it needs only a few ingredients and is not too fussy with exact measurements. You can play around a bit to suit your taste.
It is also a perfect recipe for summer when you get so much of the vegetable. These zucchini fritters are keto and low carb if you use coconut flour in the recipe in place of all-purpose flour.
What to serve with zucchini fritters
Personally, I just love to have them as is because they are super cheesy and flavourful. You could have them with a nice fresh dip like a mint mayo or a mint chutney.
If you really want meat with it, you can have them with grilled salmon, grilled chicken breast or even grilled tomatoes and mushroom. Fried eggs would be wonderful too for a complete keto meal.
Here is my zucchini fritters recipe:
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 0.5 Kg or 1 pound zucchini grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. black pepper freshly powdered
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour or coconut flour for keto
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Grate the zucchini. Add salt and keep aside for 30 minutes. It will release water. Drain all the water and squeeze with your hands to remove as much moisture as you can. Keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients except olive oil with the zucchini and form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make patties by putting 1 tbsp. of mixture on the griddle and then pressing it down to spread it out to make flat patties. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Your crispy zucchini fritters are ready to serve. Serve hot with a spicy dip or ketchup.
- If you don’t squeeze out most water from your zucchini, then you will end up having too much moisture in the batter and your zucchini fritters will be soggy.
- Don’t add any additional salt because cheese has a fair bit of salt.
- You can use any processed cheese. Cheese make the fritters crispy.
- You can also add ¼ cup corn kernels to this batter for more taste.
- You can add herbs of your choice to the batter as well.
- Use coconut flour in place of all-purpose flour for a keto recipe.
Grate the zucchini. Add salt and keep aside for 30 minutes. It will release water. Drain all the water and squeeze with your hands to remove as much moisture as you can.
Mix all the ingredients except olive oil with the squeezed zucchini.
Form a thick batter.
Make patties by putting 1 tbsp. of mixture on the griddle and then pressing it down to spread it out to make flat patties.
Cook for about 3 minutes on each side till golden brown.
Your zucchini fritters are ready. Serve them hot. They are a perfect evening snack or party snack.
If you liked this zucchini fritters recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
You may also like
Please do share with your friends.