I love zucchini as a vegetable. It is mild and goes really well in all kinds of stir fries, fried rice, Chinese and Thai dishes. But yesterday, I was in the mood for soup, and I had 2 pounds/ 1 Kg. of fresh zucchini at home. So I decided to make this zucchini soup recipe. With simple flavours, this zucchini soup not only look pretty as a picture but it also tastes lovely and hearty.
Do you want to find out how to make zucchini soup with barely 5-6 ingredients? Read on:
Zucchini Soup Recipe | Cream of Zucchini Soup
This delicious zucchini soup recipe is pretty easy to make, requires zero cooking skills and ingredients that you always have at home. Do try it.
- 3 zucchini chopped in large pieces
- 1 onion chopped into quarters
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. black pepper freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. cream (optional)
- cheese grated optional
Heat butter or olive oil in a pan. Tip in onion, garlic and zucchini. Lightly saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock or chicken stock to the veggies and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes till zucchini is soft.
Cool this a bit and blend to a fine soup in the blender. Put it back on heat. Add salt and pepper along with about 2 tbsp. grated cheese (optional). Taste and adjust seasoning.
While serving add a nice dollop of cream (optional) to each bowl and serve. When mixed with the soup, the cream adds a nice touch. You tasty zucchini soup is ready to serve.
- Serve this soup warmed up and with a side of toasted bread.
- You can skip the cream and grated cheese if you are watching calories. Do use olive oil for garnishing the soup.
- You can use herbs like basil, oregano etc. to garnish the soup.
- Add the cream while serving.
- This is a tasty, nutritious soup which is very inviting to eat and serve.
This tasty zucchini soup recipe is quite light and creamy if you use the cheese and cream. Even otherwise because it has a lot of zucchini, you are going to find it very smooth and tasty.
This soup is perfectly spiced and is wonderful even for little kids. Bursting with the goodness of fresh veggies and really low in Calories (even after adding cream and grated cheese), you can have a bowl guiltfree before dinner or as an evening snack.
Do try this soup recipe and let me know how you liked it.
You can also check out these other delicious soup recipes: